Kindling Press is pleased to present our first anthologie: 20,001: A Steampunk Odyssey!
This collaborative work of speculative fiction draws on the Victorian fiction of Jules Verne and his novel “Twenty-Thousand Leagues Under the Sea” – and then, in good Steampunk style, mashes it up with Stanley Kubrik’s seminal film “2001: A Space Odyssey.”
The result is a delightful, unpredictable, impossible amalgamation of whimsy and waves, tea and terror, with all the gears, steam, airships, submarines, giant robots, mysterious islands and unspeakable horrors of the deep one could ever want or imagine! Full of madcap adventures and dreadful danger on the high seas, 20,001 invokes the themes of discovery, danger, and the perils of technology inherited from both Verne and Kubrik.
- Crush Depth, by Michael Farley
- Strike Breakers, by R.S. Hunter
- Mad, by Gloria Weber
- The Atlantic Affair, by Simon Newby
- Hawkwood’s Folly, by Tim Reynolds
- The Door and the Whale, by David Church Rodriguez
- Tapping the Admiral, by Anne Jones-Millar
- Roderick Simons and the Engine Impossible, by Selena McDevitt
- The Voyage of the Panope Wind, by Jason Vanhee
- Full Fathom Five, by Peter A. Smalley
Available for Kindle on Amazon
Available for Nook and all other readers on Smashwords